When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join 100,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life each day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You'll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Location Specific Information:
The ideal candidate can be based anywhere in Canada and must be fully bilingual in French.
How will you make an impact?
Come join the world leader in serving science! At Thermo Fisher, you will do important work, and be valued and recognized for your performance. Collaborating with a team of dedicated service professionals, you are the ambassador of Thermo Fisher and at the frontier to enable our customers to make the next scientific breakthrough for a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
What will you do?
As a Sr. LIMS Analyst, the individual is responsible for working as a part of a team or individually delivering value-added billable consulting services, primarily with Thermo Scientific Sample Manager.Individuals in this role will interface directly with customers to understand their business objectives and needs, develop and review technical documentation, and configure and deploy LIMS solutions to meet customer needs in a variety of markets.
This role will work with both new and existing customers to deliver new project implementations, add-on or upgrade current deployments, and provide training services on customer specific configurations and customizations.
How will you get here?
- Business Analysis experience
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Task duration and resource estimations
- Solution identification and proposal
- Functional and design specification
- System and Instrument integration
- Consulting and/or configuration of Thermo Scientific Sample Manager and Integration Manager
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor's degree or higher in scientific or information technology field preferred
- In lieu of Bachelor's degree, 10 years of Sample Manager experience required
- 5+ years of experience with Informatics solutions such as LIMS (Sample Manager LIMS preferred), CDS, or ELN systems
- 5+ years of programming design and implementation with .net development such as C# desired
- 5+ years of requirements gathering and design specification writing 5+ years' experience in the service delivery business
- Up to 50% travel requirements
- Self-motivated with an ability to learn new skills independently
- Experience working with customers in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with Chromeleon or other CDS solutions
- Experience working in a laboratory
- Familiarity with AWS architecture
- The role offers flexible work hours. We offer competitive remuneration, healthcare, and a range of employee benefits.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science. We offer employment with an innovative, future-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Customer Service, Field Services, Information Technology
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.