At ProMach, we’re looking for people who want to shine. You’ll have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire. You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential. A mechanical marvel. A customer service authority. Meticulous. A closer. A futurist.
You’ll be challenged and rewarded. Make friends and have fun. Improve our customers’ packaging performance and efficiency every day. Help build the future of packaging automation. We’re proud of that and hope you will be too.
Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Engineering Manager provides technical leadership, vision, direction and mentorship to a multi-disciplinary engineering team that creates technical specifications and quotes, designs, develops, delivers and supports execution on the Edson brand of products. This position is responsible for the full product life cycle from the initial applications quoting phase mechanical and electrical design completion, drawing/schematic release, controls program development, and machine controls start-ups.
- Manage the quoting & applications, mechanical, electrical and controls engineering, teams. Oversee all aspects of product and process design, managing the work plans for all projects needing engineering support.
- Minimize schedule and technical risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively and aggressively, while effectively managing all resources.
- Provide decisive and effective technical leadership to the organization
- Clearly and consistently communicate product vision to the engineering organization. Guide engineering organization’s efforts to achieve this vision, through enhanced design improvements on current product offerings and leading research and development initiatives for new products.
- Develop engineering processes, and best practices that ensure all products meet the appropriate safety, reliability, and performance standard including compliance an required regulations
- Ensure that key project deliverables and schedules are met on time and on budget. Conduct design reviews to ensure product design is aligned with overall objectives.
- Provide training to direct and indirect reports as required to enhance departmental performance. This includes regular coaching and counseling on all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Leverage experience and strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with sales, operations, and service.
- Ensure engineering systems used are the best possible to guarantee product integrity, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, or Manufacturing engineering or similar; P. Eng required
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience, including at least 3 years in a management position
- Ability to technically understand the relationships between cost and manufacturing output to create effective technical specifications and quoting packages
- Prior experience in a capital equipment manufacturing setting
- Experience with developing and managing departmental and project budgets; with a proven history of staying on budget
- Must be knowledgeable in developing processes and systems that improve and enhance the company’s competitive advantage.
- Must be familiar with using ERP systems to manage through the design and build process, as well as able to use Solidworks and AutoCad
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and develop a strong engineering team
- Superior communication skills both to internal and external stakeholders
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a career.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match.
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
Tissue converting companies across the globe know Edson for their high-performance case and tray packing systems, including high-speed horizontal case packing, product handling, and top-load robotic solutions. Respected for their performance and reliability, many Edson machines from the 1970’s are still in service today. As part of the ProMach End of Line business line, Edson helps our packaging customers protect and grow the reputation and trust of their consumers.
Curious about life at ProMach? Follow us on , , and !
ProMach is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.