WSP is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Resources Group. Reporting to the Resources Mechanical Discipline Manager, this position will be responsible for leading and executing the mechanical design engineering efforts for our team. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer within the Resources Group you will work on both new construction and brownfield projects. The Resources Group provides service to mining, and industrial clients. You will apply your mechanical design knowledge on project work from conceptual design and studies through to project completion. Effective communication, technical quality, cost effectiveness, building and maintaining client relationships, and providing guidance to a team of designers are integral parts of this role.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
A day in the life:
- Safety Focus including consideration of safety in design, construction and operations
- Design of specialized material handling, industrial HVAC, pumping and piping systems;
- Supervision and guidance of mechanical design teams, and take responsibility on technical matters.
- Build and maintain client relationships and respond to client requests
- Project Manager for Discipline projects.
- Perform engineering calculations, review and seal documents
- Incorporation of safety and risk analysis into designs;
- Field reviews / site inspections for design verification / implementation;
- Travel to various client sites, attend project meetings and conduct field reviews;
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a mechanical P.Eng working primarily in design roles.
- Be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs;
- Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario, other provinces/states a benefit;
- Knowledge of CEMA standards, Building Codes, CSA standards, and ASHRAE standards;
- Relevant experience in the design of HVAC, dust collection, material handling and / or pumping and piping systems in Canada;
- Must be able to attend industrial sites and observe all applicable safety regulations;
- Project experience in mills, smelters, mines, industrial sites, infrastructure, refinery, ports, material handling, pulp and paper is beneficial
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- Must possess a team player attitude and be able to work in project team environment