The LOGISTEC family in Ottawa is seeking talented operators who are versatile and know how to work efficiently and accurately in the field of heavy machinery. You will be reporting to the site foreman.
RELIABILITY IMAGINATION GOING BEYOND SUSTAINABILITY
With so many opportunities available to you, there are good chances that you’ll find a way of doing what you are truly passionate about. We need top talent to create the right workplace for our people.
Your new responsibilities:
- Operate various types of heavy equipment to lift, move or place materials;
- Load and unload trucks and or railcars;
- Be aware of hazards, including blind spots, pinch points, road crossings, power lines and conflicting right-of-way traffic;
- Operate equipment safely in various terrains;
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks;
- Perform routine pre-operation inspection and maintenance on equipment;
- Fill out equipment log books;
- Clean, lubricate and refuel equipment;
- Communicate with the equipment spotter to discuss hand signals, blind spots, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating forklifts and loader;
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certification;
- Forklift Operator Certification;
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures including but not limited to backing up procedures, use of spotters, signage, required personal protective equipment and lifting of heavy loads;
- Knowledge of equipment operation, cleaning and maintenance requirements;
- Working in all weather conditions;
- In addition to these duties, personnel are required to carry out other duties that may be required in order to support the objectives of the company.
At LOGISTEC, we believe that inclusion inspires true IMAGINATION. The most creative team must also be the most diverse. That’s why we offer equal opportunities to all applicants.